are those whose writings, illustrations or performances for children have been commercially/traditionally published or produced. All Member applications are subject to approval. For benefits of becoming a Member, click here
(Associate Member) application information, click here
Qualifications for CANSCAIP Professional Member include ONE of the following:
- the writing or illustration of one or more books for children published by a trade or educational publisher* within the last seven years, or still in print.
- the writing or illustration of six or more short stories, articles or poems (including songs) for children published commercially within the last seven years.
- the illustration of four covers of novels for children.
- the writing of one long or six short plays, operettas, musicals or other theatrical vehicles for children published or produced commercially within the last seven years.
- similar writing of film for children (subject to Membership committee approval).
- six or more paid performances for children within the last ten years (subject to membership committee approval). Performers must be professionals who create their own material or who, in using existing material, bring it to a new and original dimension.
* Self-published, print-on-demand or other books not published by a recognized, commercial publisher will not be accepted. Currently CANSCAIP declines to individually assess a candidate's self-published work as becoming professionally published by a recognized publisher is a reasonably objective benchmark of editorial quality.
Applying to Become a Member
To apply to become a Member, complete the form below and email it firstname.lastname@example.org
with "New/Returning Member Application" in the subject line. Prefer snail mail? Send it with a cheque to the CANSCAIP office
Member Application Form