CANSCAIP Members are traditionally* published authors, illustrators and professional performers.
*What is traditionally published? Publication through a recognized Canadian publisher, or major and recognized international publisher. E-publishing by a major publisher qualifies; self-publishing (whether POD or e) does not, including through sole-propietorship companies.
Each CANSCAIP Member receives:
- CANSCAIP News e-quarterly and CANSCAIP e-minutes monthly.
- a biographical page in the CANSCAIP Members Directory on this site.
- regular meetings in Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton and other locations across Canada.
- access to the Members' Listserv (optional), our popular email chat group.
- access to CANSCAIP Regional and Artist Reps who will answer your questions about the world of children's culture.
- free CANSCAIP e-publications:
- What to Look for in Your Illustrator's Contract.
- School Visits: A Guide for Authors and Illustrators.
- an updated e-directory each year of Members' addresses and websites.
- full voting privileges.
- participation in CANSCAIP's Critique Exchange Forum, exclusive to Members and Friends only.
- the ability to post information about events, awards and new creations on the CANSCAIP blog.
- commercial liability insurance coverage when doing a school or public venue performance.
- the option to join the Writer's Coalition insurance plan.
- opportunities to become a paid Mentor, promote your work at CANSCAIP national book launches and much more!
Member Fee: $85 CDN yearly
Click here for a CANSCAIP Full Membership brochure (Adobe PDF). (Click here to download a free version of Adobe Reader.)